How should a request to acquire real estate be filled in?
- By demonstrating full ownership of real estate through the presentation of property transfer deed or a property purchase undertaking. These documents should include a declaration from a financial institution, authorised to carry out activities in Portuguese territory, stating that a transfer of 500 thousand Euros or more has effectively been made for its acquisition, or as a signal of a purchase undertaking; and
- by submitting an up-to-date certificate from the property register, which, in the case of a promissory contract, provided that it is legally viable, should always include the respective entry.
- be acquired under a co-ownership scheme, provided that each co-owner invests 500 thousand Euros or more, or through a promissory sale-purchase agreement indicating an amount of 500 thousand Euros or more; the respective transfer deed should be submitted before requesting the renewal of the residency permit for investors;
- be encumbered from a threshold in excess of 500 thousand Euros;
- be leased and exploited for commercial, agricultural or tourism purposes.
Have you considered owning a housen in Portugal?
In addition to all of the reasons that you are already aware of, you should know that Portugal offers attractive conditions for making your investment here..
Portugal is also one of the best countries for buying a house, because it has clear and transparent tax rules and offers facilities for obtaining residence permits, as part of new legal provisions that are more attractive to foreign investors.